Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pre-departure rant

Three days left! This time on Friday morning, I'll be sitting economy on a flight to Houston. From there I'll continue to Moscow, with Singapore as my final destination. Singapore is an extremely safe, stable and developed nation. English is widely spoken (or so I'm told...) so the language barrier shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm going as an exchange student studying communications at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communications at Nanyang Technological University. I'm living on campus in a regular, hall-style-bathroom dorm. I'll have an international roommate. I know absolutely no one at NTU. It'll be a far cry from my perfect life in the Elon bubble. But I couldn't be more excited.


I've worked full-time as a waitress for the past two summers and am using that money to travel all over Southeast Asia. I created this blog to keep my family & friends up to date with my experience and travels. It feels like just yesterday I was filling out my study abroad application and I can't believe it is finally here.  My next blog post will be written 9,500 miles from home. Talk to you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment